Wednesday, 18 January 2012

What a start to the new year!

It was only 18 days ago that corks were popping, indiscreet kisses were being shared (not by me!) and New Year resolutions were being made. 2012 is here and what a cracking start!

I don't make resolutions as such (I read "Don't eat chocolate" as "Go on, stuff yourself with Galaxy!", but have hit the new year running regardless.

  • So far Precious Parcels have had two very successful flash sales on the Facebook page (make sure you are following so you don't miss out on future events!) with the proceeds (a whopping £170 already!) having been sent to The Spanish Stray Dogs. A huge thank you to everyone who took part and have already donated. The work the Centre does relies on the kindness of others with their donations and you lot have been hugely generous! You'll hear a lot more about this shortly as it is the charity that Precious Parcels has adopted as it is something close to my heart.
  • I have my flight to Gibraltar booked and in just 10 days I'll be visiting the shelter myself to meet some of the amazing volunteers and beautiful dogs and to find out more about the rehoming process in the hope that 2012 will see more of the dogs being rehomed in the UK. 
  • Secret talks between myself and the design pad have been going on, watch out for a variety of new products in 2012.
  • We've had a really busy January already (what happened to the usual January slump after the manic Christmas season?). This month has been brilliant with many new and returning customers ordering.
  • There is a sale on this week for the Red and Green baking sets, usually £7.95 they are selling at £5.95 for this week only.
  • Oh, and we featured in Gurgle magazine!!




I think I can safely say that so far 2012 has been a cracker and here at PP there is a lot more in the pipeline for the coming months.


What about you? Have you been following new resolutions, trying something different or just kicking back and seeing the new year in quietly? I'd love to hear!

1 comments:

Nicki Cawood said...

Not too shabby a start :)

I'm not one for new resolutions either but have written a work plan, so far I'm sailing through it! New clients, new work - all very good and shiny.

I was at Slimming World before Xmas but have promised myself I'll continue and have done well so far this month and even decided to return to Aquafit classes (must be stark raving bonkers!). Hmm, not too bad a start to the year for me either! Great post x

Post a Comment