Wednesday, 29 February 2012

The Gallery - Friends!



I've known Sarah since I was 2 years old when our parents became neighbours.
Growing up Sarah was nothing short of a sister figure and we literally went everywhere together!
Most of my childhood memories; the bike rides, the party videos and the sleepovers were all about me and Sarah.

In our teens we drifted apart as many friends do. We were in different years at school so made new friends and both moved out of our family homes to different areas.
 When I was pregnant 5 years ago we got back in touch and virtually picked up where we left off, only this time instead of being kids, we were looking after our own 
and chatting over a cuppa (far too grown up but just as fun as when we were kids ourselves). It’s been really nice getting to know Sarah again and finding out what she’s been up to during the years since we lost touch. 

When I needed an extra pair of hands at Precious Parcels around 3 years ago, Sarah stepped up and I’m happy to say is still doing work for us now.  She works blooming hard and does a great job! The best part about Sarah helping out at PP is that we have regular catch ups while getting covered in paint.
She’s such an amazing friend and still very much like a sister to me. As many of you know, I recently visited a doggy shelter in Spain and despite Sarah initially thinking I’d lost the plot she didn't hesitate when I asked her to go with me. We had a fantastic 4 days together and I’ll always be so grateful to her for coming with me. 
I've known Sarah for 30 years now and I look forward to our next 30years of friendship.

5 comments:

b said...

That is such a lovely post and that is the thing with real friends no matter how long the break is you can pick up the bond instantly :)

The syders said...

Lovely post...Sarah sounds like a fab friend! x

Herding Cats said...

Lovely post and such a lovely friendship. So glad you were able to pick it up again.

Sarahmumof3 said...

what a lovely post I a sure your next 30 years of friendship will be just as amazing :) x

Actually Mummy said...

That's a great story! Not usual for a friendship to be that strong after so much time :)

Post a Comment