Wednesday, 22 February 2012

The Gallery - Landscapes




Anyone who knows me will already know that so far 2012 has been an amazing rollercoaster (with more ups than downs thankfully!). At the end of January I went to visit the base of operations for the Spanish Stray Dogs in Spain. I have always had a soft spot for dogs, working at kennels when I was younger and I was lucky growing up to have the most beautiful and kind  family dog named Brin. What I saw over there was both heart-warming and appalling at the same time.
Spain, as you can see has many beautiful areas but as with all places has it's not so nice element and that became obvious when my friend Sarah and I witnessed some of the appalling conditions some of the dogs had obviously been left in, not to mention the cruelty they suffered.


On the upside, we had a fantastic opportunity to see the amazing work the Spanish Stray Dogs do in rescuing and re homing these dogs and as a consequence of it all... we now have a new addition to our family... Maggi, who we have adopted  from Spain.


This landscape photo will always look beautiful to me but will also remind me of the sad things we saw. It's true that photographs can be powerful things!

7 comments:

Emily (@amummytoo) said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Nicki Cawood said...

Beautiful Natalie! I know the trip meant a lot (understatement!) to you. A stunning photo and a great write up x

Mummy and the Beastie said...

What a breathtaking photo and the reflection of the sun on the water is magical x

b said...

Aw hun, you keep bringing tears to my eyes with these gorgeous posts x

Sarah Mac said...

Oh wow, what a stunning photo!

MumReinvented said...

Beautiful photo!

Herding Cats said...

Gorgeous picture.

Post a Comment