Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Olympic Fever

Just a quick post to share our Olympic excitement! I was fully prepared and ready with sarcastic comments about the opening ceremony but once it had started I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Amazing doesn't come close! (I may have even shed a tear or two).
Whether you are a sports fan or not you really can't help but feel proud of the UK when you see something like that and realise that regardless of the problems we've had as a country over the past few years we are still a force to be reckoned with and we definitely know how to put on a blooming good show!


I am a sports fan and am suffering terribly at the moment as we only have one TV downstairs which is ridiculous as we clearly need at least twenty so we don't miss anything! My excitement about the Olympics is shadowed however by George's who is a keen Usain Bolts fan (number one fan or so he says)  who is enjoying recreating all of the events he watches using household items for props and my sofa as a launching pad. The house may look a sports related tip but we are both having enormous fun!


So all that remains is to ask... what has been your favourite event so far and what are you looking forward to?





0 comments:

Post a Comment